Blogger is a free, easy, and great way to start a blog, but there’s a chance that you might want to delete your blogger account altogether. You may be bored with the blog, or it may not attract visitors, or you may just have started another blog on WordPress (or planning to start one). Whatever the reason is, this tutorial will help you delete your blogger account.
If you’re starting a new blog on WordPress, you can easily migrate your entire blogger account to WordPress. Make sure to do that if in case you’re just migrating.
There are two scenarios for deleting the blogger. They are
- Deleting your entire blog.
- Deleting the blog posts from your blog.
I covered both topics in the article to help you with any of the scenarios.
Before we get into the step-by-step guide on deleting your Blogger account, there are a few things to note. They are as follows.
- You can only remove the blog, not the blogger account. If you want to close your complete blogger account, you should actually delete your entire Google account.
- Once you delete a blog, you can restore it within 90 days before it’s permanently deleted.
- If you make a backup of your entire blog, you can always restore it on a new blog even if you delete the original once.
How to delete a Blogger account?
Deleting the blog is really simple and easy to do. Just follow the steps below and you will be done in less than 2 mins.
- Login to your blogger account
- Go to settings from the right sidebar of your dashboard
- Under manage blog, click Remove your blog
- Blogger will now prompt you with the information about deleting your blog and ask whether you want to download the blog (as a backup).
- If you want a backup of your content, click download blog or just click delete.
- Now the blog will be sent to the deletion period. In the period of 90 days, you can restore the blog by clicking undelete or you can immediately delete the blog by clicking permanently delete.
How to delete a blog post on Blogger?
Sometimes you just want to get rid of a blog post without deleting the whole blog. If that’s the case, follow the below steps to do it.
- On the dashboard of your blog, go to Posts.
- If you want to delete a single post, hover your mouse over that post and click the delete icon.
- If you want to delete multiple posts, click manage and select the posts you want to delete. Finally, click the delete icon.
- You will be asked to confirm the deletion. Go ahead and confirm it.
I hope that this article helps you to understand how to delete your Blogger account. Blogger is great for starting up with blogging, but if you want to get serious about it, I highly recommend WordPress. However, you can also try the free alternatives such as Medium if you don’t like the blogger. The most common issues with these kinds of platforms are the tight customization options. And that’s why getting your blog on WordPress is a great choice.
So that’s it, guys. If you don’t understand and need any help with any of these steps, feel free to leave a comment and I will reply as soon as possible.
Affiliate Discloser: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything using these links, I will get a commission for the referral at no extra cost to you. Moreover, I only recommend things that I have personally used and always offer my honest opinion.
Featured Image by freepik