Paypal is most commonly used by freelancers, bloggers, and other professionals to send or receive money. Later on, Paypal made that easier with PayPal.me. You can receive money with just a simple link and that’s welcomed by most of the Paypal users. But however, some users might want to change the link of PayPal.me. So can you really change it?
The short answer is No, You can not change PayPal.me link but you can contact PayPal customer support to help you with this. Although URLs may be changed, it is highly unlikely.
There is no guaranteed way to change Paypal.me link.
Changing Paypal.me is not possible at the moment but contacting the support might help you. However, there is no guarantee that the support will change the URL as per your request. If everything fails, you can either disable Paypal.me completely or create a new Paypal account.
How to contact support to change Paypal.me link?
You can ask support to resolve the issue and change the URL as per your needs but the chances are extremely low. To contact them, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Paypal help center. Make sure that you’re logged in to your Paypal account. If not, go ahead and log in.
- Click Message Us. If you can’t find the floating option to send message, you can found it under More ways to get help.
- On the following page, click Message us, and a chat window will open with the AI assistant on the line.
- The assistant will ask for various categories to choose from but don’t choose any. Type in “I want to talk to support” and the assistant will ask for confirmation. Type in “Yes“.
- Now type in your request and send them. Make sure to include your new PayPal.me link. You can expect a reply within 24 business hours but sometimes it might get delayed.
Take this method with a pinch of salt and don’t expect them to change the URL because there is no guarantee that the link will be updated. However, it’s worth a try.
While you can’t change the Paypal.me link, you can completely turn it off.
How to turn off Paypal.me link?
- On your Paypal dashboard, go to PayPal.me under quick links.
- Click manage PayPal.me and you will be taken to your profile (Or you can use this link to go to your PayPal.me settings directly)
- Under profile status, toggle the switch to off to turn off PayPal.me. However, you can turn it on whenever you want to.
Affiliate Discloser: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything using these links, I will get a commission for the referral at no extra cost to you. Moreover, I only recommend things that I have personally used and always offer my honest opinion.
Featured Image by freepik