If you’re using Blogger, you might have frustrated by adding a contact form to your blog because by default, Blogger doesn’t provide many options to add a contact form and the inbuilt contact form is really ugly and it can only be placed as widgets.
Luckily there are some easy ways to add a contact form to your blogger account. However, the blogger is just for starting out with blogging and I recommend creating your blog on WordPress or migrating your existing blogger account to WordPress for better blogging.
Now, let’s see how you can add a contact form in blogger.
How to add a contact form in Blogger using Jotforms?
This is by far the easiest and simplest method to add a contact form to your blogger account. There are plenty of tools to achieve it but we are going to use Jotforms.
- Go to the Jotforms website and create a free account. A free account will let you create 5 forms with 100 monthly submissions.
- Once created your free account, click “Create Form” on the top left of the dashboard.
- Here, you can either create a form from scratch or select from the thousands of pre-made templates. Choose suitable options for you. For this example, let’s select the templates.
- There are literally thousands of templates categorized to help you find the best one suitable for your needs. Let’s choose the contact form category and select one from it.
- Now you can customize the form as per your needs with the built-in tools.
To edit the existing form element, click the element and click the properties (⚙️ icon). This will bring up options depending on the element. You can edit those to reflect the changes on the form.
To add a new form element, click “add form element” on the right side. This will brings up the sidebar with various elements that can be added to the form. You can either drag and drop or click it to add the element to the form.
- Once you’re done customizing the form, click “publish” to make the form live.
- For example, if you want to display the form on a page, go to pages on your blogger account and open the page you want the form to be displayed, and paste the code. Make sure to select the HTML view (by default, the compose view will be selected).
Whenever you receive a form submission, you will be mailed with the details. Moreover, you can check all the submissions from your Jotforms dashboard.
How to use Google forms in Blogger?
Just like Jotforms, Google forms can also be embedded into the blogger. Google Forms are a great tool for collecting data and information. With the right setup and integration, you can use Google forms to gather information from your readers from your blogger’s blog.
The process is quite simple and easy to follow.
- Head over to Google forms and create a form.
- Click “send” and on the “send via” options, select “embed HTML“.
- Now copy the code and paste it onto the blogger. The form will now be integrated into your blogger page.
Once you receive a submission, you will be mailed with all the details or you can check on the Google forms dashboard to view all the submissions. It’s pretty much like Jotforms.
If you have any doubts, feel free to ask me in the comments below and I will try to reply as soon as possible.